missing files-how to fix the problems

frederikshavn

Hey everybody

Finaly i found away to fix the big problem,with the missing files,when using nlite,here is how to do it

1.use nlinte as yuo use to do

2.when youre done go into the i386map and delete these 2 files 1.DRIVER(it's a rar file)2 sp2 (also a rar file)

3. then goto C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386,and copy DRIVER AND SP2,into the i386map,you just made with nlite,then just burn it like you always do,it's worked for me,i hope that fix this problem for all

MERRY X-MAS

Hey everybody

Finaly i found away to fix the big problem,with the missing files,when using nlite,here is how to do it

2.when youre done go into the i386map and delete these 2 files 1.DRIVER(it's a rar file)2 sp2 (also a rar file)

3. then goto C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386,and copy DRIVER AND SP2,into the i386map,you just made with nlite,then just burn it like you always do,it's worked for me,i hope that fix this problem for all

MERRY X-MAS

Those files are not .rar files. (It are .cab files) It only opens with ur winrar.

Replacing the driver.cab and the sp2.cab by the once's from you're running windows is not the way to fix it!

A way to fix the missing file problem might be..:

Use files from a original xp sp2 cd..

A proper working OS with dotnet 2 files installed correct.

Propper working hardware. Good working harddrives are very important. Might be best if you don't use drives that ar fragmentated by al lot of files (downloads..)

Test all options 1 by 1 of the "Driver" remove option in nLite and se when you get missing drivers during install. (use vmware)

Test all options of the "Hardware suppert" that where going to 1 by 1.

Edited by Ut\Collector

Hey everybody

MERRY X-MAS

This way you UNDO most of the things you've done with NLITE. Obviously, you removed too much before (something that's needed by your particular comfiguration). Maybe you're better off not touching HARDWARE SUPPORT, DRIVERS, LANGUAGE SUPPORT and KEYBOARDS?

GL

Hey everybody

MERRY X-MAS

This way you UNDO most of the things you've done with NLITE. Obviously, you removed too much before (something that's needed by your particular comfiguration). Maybe you're better off not touching HARDWARE SUPPORT, DRIVERS, LANGUAGE SUPPORT and KEYBOARDS?

GL

I agree. Could a mod please lock/hide this thread to prevent someone from actually doing this. Thanks

frederikshavn just solved his corrupted CAB issue.

What he does is copy the full Driver.cab and SP2.cab files to replace those broken on the CD.

frederikshavn, if you run Winrar Test on your original CD CABs you'll find them corrupted, that's why you had those errors of missing files. This issue was posted few times and there is nothing I can do, not my fault. But replacing CABs with full versions is actually the best solution.

However this is only if your CAB files are corrupted, don't this if you are missing some x file.