Windows XP Remote Assistance vs. Windows 2000 Remote Desktop

MSNwar

I am using XP Pro and a friend is using Win2000. We want to use remote assistance. Is it possible? I read an article where the procedure is explained in detail wherein both users are using WinXP. The article also says that Win2000 has to use Terminal Services that is installed separately from the Win2000 CD. Anyone tried it?

MSNwar - The Fat Man

So many women...So little time.

Yes it can be done. I have inserted the XP disk and installed remote assistance from there. When you put the disk in chooose other XP options and youll havea option in there to only install that app. Ive done this and it worked great. Never tried with win2000 software, only XP.

-XPerties

After looking at M$ white pages it looks very complicated to use XP remote assistance and Win 2000 terminal service as an easy means to communicate. I guess Xp to XP is the best way. However, my associate uses Windows 2000 and we need another alternative. I found a program called Remote Administrator at www.radmin.com that has received excellent reviews from ZDNet and others. Supposedly, it does not require XP or Win2000 remote assistance software. We are going to try it sometime this week and we will see how it works. Let you know how it goes.

MSNwar - The Fat Man