Help... Can't connect to internet after nLite install

Aidoscuz

Hey all

I recently created my first nLite CD and unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped. Everything installed fine and I didn't get any errors, but now I can't seem to connect to my network and get onto the internet. The connection on my motherboard just says "acquiring network address" and never connects. I tried re-enabling all my windows services but that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas about what it could be?

I've attached the preset file I used for the installation. I enabled the TCP/IP Patch and set it to 1000 connections but didn't save that to the profile.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Aidoscuz

Hey all

I recently created my first nLite CD and unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped. Everything installed fine and I didn't get any errors, but now I can't seem to connect to my network and get onto the internet. The connection on my motherboard just says "acquiring network address" and never connects. I tried re-enabling all my windows services but that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas about what it could be?

I've attached the preset file I used for the installation. I enabled the TCP/IP Patch and set it to 1000 connections but didn't save that to the profile.

Thanks in advance

Check to make sure that your DHCP server is working properly, and make sure your DHCP client (service) and DNS Client (service) are both Started. If that doesn't work you may have to try setting a Static IP. Also, you removed some compatibility options. Try leaving those in.

Thanks for the replies.

seems like the same problem i have here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=88507

how long have you waited before thinking it did not work?

Takes mine upto 20 mins before connection actually works. In my case i get connected but no packets. Do you experence this?

I waited 25 minutes and nothing happend, no connection whatsoever.

Check to make sure that your DHCP server is working properly, and make sure your DHCP client (service) and DNS Client (service) are both Started. If that doesn't work you may have to try setting a Static IP. Also, you removed some compatibility options. Try leaving those in.

My DHCP server (Netgear DG834G Router) is definitely working fine, it worked perfectly before I formatted and it's still working with my other computers. I suppose I could try a static IP later, but for the moment I just reinstalled my normal version of XP. I've got a spare hard drive so I might play around with a few practice installs on that before I try again properly.

When I see so much configured services there is nothing else to recommend than try with reseting all to default ( in services page ) and remake it from the clean installation files again.

Static IP will also work of course.