Cant Install Program

tal ormanda

untitledqg5.png

I get that error, and its not installed, its not in the program files, i removed all the reg keys for it. I copied over an uninstall thing for it and it said internal error 2753 avp.exe. So How do I get rid of this bloody thing?

Edited by tal ormanda

It's Kaspersky Anti-Virus. I suggest you use the Windows Installer Cleanup Tool. That will allow you to reinstall it and thus deinstall it. I've recently switched to Avast! 4 Home Edition while I contemplate actually purchasing Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

• 7 months later...

For those Googling, this works.

Error 1316 when installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kav6/install?qid=193239321

When installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0, the following error may occur: “Error 1316: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: c:\kis6.msi". To rectify the problem, do the following:

* Reboot your PC and run the installation process of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 once again

If it does not help, do the following:

* Download the utility KisKav6Remove.zip

* Reboot your pc in safe mode.

* Unpack the downloaded archive KisKav6Remove.zip to a folder and run the file KisKav6Remove.exe

* When the utility finishes its work, restart the computer in the normal mode

* Run the installation process once again

If it does not help, create the installation log of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 and send this log with the detailed description to Kaspersky Lab Tech Support via the HelpDesk form.