NTLDR is missing - Error at start-up

APG_Zippy

I have tried to install a copy of the Corp version in order to see in my applications will run under XP and also to see in I like it, (I'm an old 98se dinosaur at heart).

I have installed it on a clean formated HD and used setup disks,(all six of them) to start the setup.

Setup runs from the CD and installs on my system. As the system tries to do the first re-boot I get the following message: -

NTLDR missing press any key to restart.

Does anyone know what this means? How can I get around it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Zippy:wail:

First of all are u trying to dual boot??

And I assume this is a copy of the corp version, cause it might be corrupt and ur going to have to get another copy

It means that it cant find the boot sector

This is a core file which must be in the root directory, and that fact that it cannot find it may mean other files are also missing, u can try to fix this problem by performing the following:

Boot the system with a DOS bootable floppy disk

In the i386 directory of the CD-ROM there will be a file NTLDR._, which is the compressed version of NTLDR.

You can expand this file using expand.exe that comes with DOS and Windows for Workgroups

expand d:i386ntldr._ c:ntldr.(assuming that D:/ is ur cd rom)

if all else fails have u tried to install from windows, u can try and do a full install there(proberly wont make a diff cause ur copy is proberly corrupt)

Thanks folks. I'll try both ideas.

"First of all are u trying to dual boot??" -nope. I'm installing on a clean, formatted HD. I have a 30 gb spare. I just take this windows 98 out and swap it.

"And I assume this is a copy of the corp version, cause it might be corrupt and ur going to have to get another copy " - I think you might be right. But I have also tried installing a none corp Prof version. I got the same error.

Zippy