backordered SP4 win 2k

nowshining

I got an backorder confirm today for SP4 of win2000 ccompact disc, and there is a link to place a new order in it, do I re-order and have to pay twice or once or do I do nothing and wait and when the CD comes in from being back ordered do they auto ship the compact disc.

frankly no and yes. No simply I am paying for the sservice pack to be burned to a CD for me or that's what it is like. Also I am on dialup so re-downloading it over and over again takes a lot of time, and simply rather have it on CD because win 2000 sucks when it is first installed and has many compatibility problems, suck as noshare to disabable netbios quicklly. If I don't have SP4 noshare will wreck my connection to the net via dialup. I can connect however I cannot access any webpages. I do know I would save money if I did download the 200+mb download over a connection that cuts off every 4 hours or less (juno free) and know It is possible, however it is like instead of buying online and went to the local store I would save money, however it is the convenience of having it done for oneself and so for that stage of luxury one must pay more for it. :)

Perhaps you've never heard of "download managers".

I used to have dialup, I still downloaded movies and other huge files (~2Gb @6KB/s) -- it wasn't too bad; a few days wasn't that long to wait.

I have to agree with the absolute need of a good DL Manager with any Dial up or even DSL connection, not to mention the DL manager will pick up where it left off if you lose your connection. There are several good ones, not to mention a couple that work well and are free, such as http://www.freshdevices.com/ Give a Google and see what works for you, as all have trials, and are not crippled.