O2K7 Pro Plus GPO

savage1

I was wondering if any one could help me make since of how Microsoft made it easier to install office 2007. I have read the technet forumns and a few post on here, but I guess I am still not getting it.

I am trying to deploy O27 Pro Plus through gpo and the only time it works is when I throw up the defult files onto my network share. then i have the prompt for keys, registration etc.

My share folder is O2K7pro$ and is where all the office files have been copied to as microsoft wants the linked the gpo to that share as a standard with any gpo. I used the OCT to customize the install, but it wont install at all, and I read that only the enterprise version supports that and that I am going to have to change the config.xml file. I guess its easy for anyone who is fluent and has time to program .xml.

If any one can spoon feed me I would be in debt to you forever hehehehehehe.

• 1 month later...

All you should need to do is run Setup.exe /admin from your installation point. Then, modify all the settings the way you want, and when prompted, save the resulting file into the Patches folder. When you launch Setup.exe from your GPO, it should pick up the MSP file and answer the questions.

Good luck!