Setup keeps restarting!

Super-Magician

I have tried using both 61209a and 61210a. I have tried with a CD install and in VMware. Setup always restarts around T-38 (after it installs network settings).

I will repeat with HFSLIP 1.2.0 if necessary (this I have not yet tried). I did not have such a problem with earlier versions (at least 1.0.3 and earlier; not sure if I used 1.1.0 at all).

Can't see a problem there. Just for fun... Could you remove everything in the SOURCE folder and re-copy the CD? It might have gotten corrupted. AVG was recently under the impression that MIGRATE.DLL is a virus and deleted it without asking for your choice.

My HFANSWER.INI file hasn't been modified since the last time HFSLIP has worked. I will try it, however, with DRIVERCOMP=A.

I'm afraid to re-use the latest final because a few things in my HF folder are only supported by these test releases. But I'll see what I can do to rule things out.

:(

My installation failed again. Based on what I see in setuperr.log, I may need to check my WINNT.SIF file. Will report back on this.

Edit: Awww...apparently the problem was indeed with my WINNT.SIF. I kept using the same computer name in my VM as I was already using on the host computer. This caused setup to restart at T-31 after it reconfigured the setting. :( Now I just hope it will still work when I try it from CD.

Sorry for all the trouble. :blushing:

Edited by Super-Magician

i may be wrong but when i committed the same mistake about host & VM having the same PC name, it should have complained while running the setup ... this was perhaps in a couple (among multiple) runs ;) where i didn't use winnt.sif ... glad to hear you have resolved it already :P

Edited by Kiki Burgh