Dvd Drive will not run Movies

m176244

Today I tried to play a dvd movie on my pc but it media center popped this up when I tried to play it dvd1.jpg

The dvd was not in use with any other application and I tried different resolution settings but to no avail.I thought the dvd was damaged so I tried it in my portable player and it worked perfectly, I did this a few more times on different discs with the same result.

I then tried realplayer and windows media player 11, when I tried windows media player this popped up dvd2.jpg

My gpu is up to date as is everything for windows update, Can anyone help me with this problem?

Here are the pc's specs,

Dell Dimension 9150

Media Centre Edition

3.0 ghz Dual core

250gb Harddrive

1024mb ddr2 ram

Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE

The dvd drive plays cd's and games fine the only part that doesn't work is when I try playing a movie on a dvd.

It used to work no problem but I haven't used it in over a month so I can not tell when this problem first started happening.

Thank you in advance for any help that any of you can give me.

I just noticed the images are quite large if needed I'll remove them and put the links up instead if they are larger then your forums size restrictions.

Edited by m176244

300x200 (or near that) is the top image size allowed here like that.

Are you using windows Vista?

What DVD decoder/player software is installed? PowerDVD? winDVD? --what version of it do you have?

Edited by Jaqie Fox