[Request]Add-on for Registry Tweaks to Speed up Explorer,Menus & S

rubab

Can anyone make an add on for these Registry Tweaks:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

HungAppTimeout=1000

This STRING controls the delay before a hung application is allowed to terminate (each 1000 = 1 sec).

WaitToKillAppTimeout=1000

This STRING controls the delay before windows finally starts to shutdown (each 1000 = 1 sec)

MenuShowDelay=0

This STRING controls the delay before a menu or sub‐menu pops open (each 1000 = 1 sec)

AutoEndTasks=1

If enabled this STRING automatically closes all running applications when Windows shuts down.

SPEED UP EXPLORER

The following tweak can improve the response time of Windows Explorer (and also Internet Explorer). Go to

the following key in the Windows Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteCom

puter\]

NameSpace

To prevent Windows Explorer from searching for remote scheduled tasks, under the Namespace key in the

left pane find the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} key, right‐click on it and select Delete

to remove it. To also prevent Explorer from searching for remote shared printers, delete the {2227A280-

3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} key as well. This will speed up the time it takes for Explorer to open

and navigate. If you are connected to a network of computers do not undertake this tweak.

REMOVE ʹSHARED DOCUMENTSʹ FROM MY COMPUTER

If you want to remove the ʹShared Documentsʹ folders under My Computer use this tweak:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyCompute

r\NameSpace\DelegateFolders]

{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}

Delete the key above by right‐clicking on it in the left pane and selecting Delete. This will remove all the

superfluous ʹShared Documentsʹ folders permanently.

Sorry when i posted the topic for the first time i forgot to 'Tick' on the "Enable email notification of replies?"

Sorry when i posted the topic for the first time i forgot to 'Tick' on the "Enable email notification of replies?"

ok .... lets do this to save you a lot of problems

my control

than Email Settings

than

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

than pick the type

than you should not have this problem anymore

arrr

do this

setup a test env of windows

than copy that into notepad and save the file as test.reg

run the file and see if you get any errors