copying 20 profiles from 1 xp PC to another xp pc.

ceez

hey there peeps, I have an issue here.

I have 4 xp pc's all with the same exact software installed. All of a sudden I need to create 20 profiles, and I am in a workgroup. I created the profiles in one machine. I dont want to have to retype everything again everytime i create in the other 3 pc's.

If I go into documents and settings, copy all the user folders, paste them in the server, then copy them from the server to the other pc's doc and settings folders, would the users be created?

if anyone knows of this please reply asap...i am at the site right now....argh!

thkz

ceez

I'm pretty sure its not as easy as that ceez.

When users are created, so are registry enteries telling windows where thoes folders are and allowing the user to be logged in to.

An alternate suggestion would be to write a simple batch file that you hold on the server, which adds your 20 users, and you just run the batch from each PC.

The synstax you use to create a user in DOS is:

To add them as a normal user

net user "Freddy" /add

To add them to a user group

net localgroup "Administrators" "Freddy" /add

b0r3d, awesome, thkz....just a few quick q's...

is there a way to add a password with the user name? can I create one line with username/password/group.

and...

instead of typing each line for each user, is there a way that I can have the users/pw stored in another file and have the commands pull all the info for each user and create them...else it would be the same as doing through admin tools....but w/less typing.

thkz again.