Help adding patch and update

MrPatate

Hi,

p.s. i'm a newbie, so.. please be kind hehe...

I have a xp sp2 cd and i want to tweak it, remove the old msn, wmp 6.4, and internut exploder 6 to add windows live messenger, wmp11 and explorer 7 (i have all the files directly from winblows update) but when i add those 3 files in the integrate patch/fix section, and make a cd with it, they all give me errors.

Is there a way to install does 3 software on a copy of the cd it self, and after use nlite to remove what i dont want?

p.s. it's weird that you add the new stuff before removing the old one, no? (like adding wmp11 before removing wmp6.4) isn't there a chance that by removing the old one after you affect the functionnality of the new one?

thanks

Edited by MrPatate

ie7 can be integrated directly into the iso by nlite ....just add ie7 installer as a hotfix.

wmp11 u can use my addons (from my site). i have 3 addons that work on xpsp2 ...first 2 u need to keep wmp6.4 and wmp 9. with the runonce addon u can remove both wmp6.4 and wmp 9, also u should add those as hotfixes.

for wlm 8 sorry i cant help cause i dont use it......

Edited by boooggy

I'll retry with just IE7.

For WMP11 i didn't quite get what you mean. I see you have a "Windows Media Player 11 Final Addon", a "WMP11 Vanilla Addon" and "WMP11 Runonce Addon".

The vanilla i guess is for a white theme or a Vanilla Ice Theme (let me be stupid please! :P ). But for the other two, if i understand correctly, the "final addon" is a fix to add to the original wmp and the "runonce addon" is to start fresh without and old version is that it?

With your addon do i need to also add the wmp11 file i downloaded from microsoft update, or is it complete and i dont need the file?

(feel so stupid here :| )

p.s. is there a way to be sure that my sp2 version has Windows Movie Maker 2.1 in it?

Edited by MrPatate

you'll hate me for repeating my question again, but I've checked the link in your signature and there no explanation about the difference between the final and runonce version. And they were created 5days apart. So i doubt that final is an update of the runonce because m$ change something with wmp11

I would like to do almost exactly the same as TS. De only thing different is that I want to integrate the latest HotFixes and my LAN/AUDIO/VIDEO drivers.

What is the best way to integrate HotFixes from windows? Just load all the HotFixes in nLite, of use a batch file to installe alle the HotFixes RunOnce?

edit: 11:59

I managed to Intergrate SP2 and IE7 with nLite, I used the WMP11 Integrator tool to integrate WMP11. That worked fine. Now I want to integrate the HotFixes from windows, but when I drag al the HotFixes to the HotFix en Update windows in nLite I get an error...

I've downloaded all de drivers with Windows Update Tool, there is a batch file in it. Should I copy these files to the installation disc and run the INSTALL.bat in the RunOnce mode?

Edited by Danko