help! about network places

when i open network place 2 open my fren pc looking 4 sharing file, but when i clicking my fren c drive ask me user name and password??? me n my fren same os oso is win xp?how 2 fix it? or how 2 set tis sercurity likes when ppl wan open my sharring file nid user name n pass? thx 4 help

If the username and password you are using on your PC is not also exactly the same as a user account on your friend's PC, authentication will fail (and you get asked for a valid username and password on the remote machine before it will let you continue). There are other ways around this that are less secure, but the most secure way is to use a username and password on your machine that is the same as on the other, or provide a username and password on the remote machine when you are prompted that has access to the data you are trying to view.

but i got ask my fren at network place if wan view he hsaring file tat username n pass is he computer username n pass? is it true? but i got set my windows login pass oso, when i go my fren pc view my sharing file no get ask me username n pass? y? when me view he sharing file get ask me username n pass ,but he view me no nid username n pass direct in??? Same windows or os oso nid username n passs???

Uhh... your Malay English is really hard to decode :) Lucky I'm an Indonesian I can kinda guess what you're saying. I'll try to explain. I hope I put this as clear as possible:

Windows XP, if not inside a 'domain' (if you don't know what that is, then most possibly you are not), then it will ask for a username and password.

Suppose you're on PC "A", and accessing PC "B", then you are required to enter a username and password registered in PC "B".

Unless ...

You're logged in PC "A", under a certain username and password, that happens to also exist in PC "B".

If you're still unclear, PM me in Malay+English, and I'll answer you in Bahasa Indonesia+English :) I think we ought to be living at some nearby frequencies :D