100's of missing files

yogi_bear_79

I used nLite v1.2.1 to remove compnents, do some setup tweaks etc. When installing the OS I hadto ESC past hundreds of files. By the file names these were for the components I removed, etc. What did I do wrong, I presume that nLite changes something so when installing these files are not an issue.

After ESC thru all the missing files the OS runs fine, just need to fix that part

Edited by yogi_bear_79

I used nLite v1.2.1 to remove compnents, do some setup tweaks etc. When installing the OS I hadto ESC past hundreds of files. By the file names these were for the components I removed, etc. What did I do wrong, I presume that nLite changes something so when installing these files are nto an issue.

- Maybe you have a bad source cd. Try to get a original cd..

Try making a nlite cd without tweaks, addon and removal and stuff. That will give a bit of a indication of you source files are oke.

- Maybe you installed windows is so bad that making a nLite will fail

- Always use a clean sourde (i386 folder) wen you use nlite.

I have a fix for some missing files here:

- Maybe you have a bad source cd. Try to get a original cd..

Try making a nlite cd without tweaks, addon and removal and stuff. That will give a bit of a indication of you source files are oke.

- Maybe you installed windows is so bad that making a nLite will fail

- Always use a clean sourde (i386 folder) wen you use nlite.

I think so...... try it. Use virgin source.

I am currently starting over. The source files were fine on previous attempts. Only after I decided to remove the extra components did it cause the issue. These were not random mising files, or bad media, the names of the files coralated directly with components I had removed with nLite. I assume nLite removes the files, then rewites the seciton of the installer that copies the files?