Problem Launching WPI 5.6 with parsed coomands

I have an automated build DVD and launch WPI via RunOnceEx using the following command line:

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\mshta.exe \"%CDDRIVE%\$OEM$\WPI\WPI.HTA\" options=useroptions.js config=config.js check=Corporate_Build timer=30

Now the above command used to work in earlier versions, but now WPI launches, but doesn't automatically set the timer to 30 seconds and choose the Corporate_Build configurations.

After testing I have found that if I put the WPI folder at the root of the DVD then the following command line works: (Note: $OEM$ has been removed from the command line)

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\mshta.exe \"%CDDRIVE%\WPI\WPI.HTA\" options=useroptions.js config=config.js check=Corporate_Build timer=30

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Is it happening to anyone else?

I don't mind having the WPI folder at the root of the disc, but am concerned that there may be a bug in there somewhere and thought I should bring it to light.

Edited by kev_147

At first you should try the following command

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\mshta.exe "%CDDRIVE%\WPI\WPI.HTA" options=useroptions.js config=config.js check=Corporate_Build timer=30

(removed the \ after WPI.HTA)

If this doesn't work you could try the following way to start WPI via RunOnceEx

Create WPI_RunOnceEx.cmd in that directory where WPI exists.

Add the following line to this file:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\999" /v 1 /d "%~dp0WPI\WPI.hta" /f

And add the following lines to your cmdlines.txt in $OEM$-directory.

[COMMANDS]
"\path_to_cmdfile\WPI_RunOnce.cmd"

Good luck.

Al

Thanks for you comments guys, appreciated.

I am not convinced though. I have WPI working with parsed commands in the example below and that doesn't state the full path. Note for Albundy33, the backslash on the end of WPI.Hta was not plain text, it was a break out within the registry command, ie informed the registry to treat everything between the 1st and 2nd \" as being within quotes.

My apologies as I forgot to type in the 1st \" in my original post, have just edited it now. duh!!

REM ========================================

REM | This Section determines the CDROM Drive

SetLocal enableextensions

SET CDDRIVE=%~d0

REM=========================================

REM | This Section configures the variables used within this script

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

SET ADDITIONAL_APPS=%KEY%\410

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Phase 4" /f

REG ADD %ADDITIONAL_APPS% /VE /D "Additional Applications" /f

REG ADD %ADDITIONAL_APPS% /V 1 /D "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\mshta.exe \"%CDDRIVE%\WPI\WPI.HTA\" options=useroptions.js config=config.js check=Corporate_Build timer=30" /f

EndLocal

EXIT

Edited by kev_147