RIS Auto Login and IBM T60

JimBobUK

I have an issue which seems to be on X60 laptops and A52 desktops where RIS works fine, machine is added to AD, setup runs, I thien have registry entries added for auto login to complete app install. The problem is, when it gets to ALT-CTRL-DEL screen, it doesnt auto log in!

This works fine on all the other models we have!

I think its the speed of the laptop\desktop. I need to some how slow the booting of the machine or am I wrong?

I have an issue which seems to be on X60 laptops and A52 desktops where RIS works fine, machine is added to AD, setup runs, I thien have registry entries added for auto login to complete app install. The problem is, when it gets to ALT-CTRL-DEL screen, it doesnt auto log in!

This works fine on all the other models we have!

I think its the speed of the laptop\desktop. I need to some how slow the booting of the machine or am I wrong?

This problem has been reported several time. Have you tried the search function?

IBM has a specific driver for this. Check out this page http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/d...ocid=MIGR-62922

Take the inf from the "PRO1000\WS03XP2K\RIS_INF" folder and put it in your "i386" folder. Before you do that, delete the previous file (or make a backup) and delete also the associated ".pnf" file.

Good luck