Installing Windows XP Home--wont instal

Apocalypse137

Okay so for some reason my computer decided to crash today not a good day considering just got bak from a good dinner of thanksgiving.

anywayz, i turned it on and got the classic problem with the OS black screen and said to reinstall or fix or watever. SO, i restarted and did the f2 for recovery. it went through and formatted, THEN was reinstalling and got to the part where it was installing the applications and detecting hardware and stuff, and each time i tried it stopped at same spot--50% (and not just once or twice like... 3 or 4 times!)

SO I found a full on windows XP disk and put it in. got it doing the setup, but not wher it actally installs. i just got it installing then while reformating the stupid P.O.S. decided to freeze up at 3% (not bad computer i dont kno...). so i restarted the computer and booted from CD and now it goes to windows setup (blue screen) and at bottom does 'setup is ....' and wher i put ...'s it puts a buncha things flickering all over the place. THEN:

i get this screen wher it says 'to set up win xp now, press enter.' 'to repair a win xp installation using recovery console, press r' and 'to quit setup...'

i press enter and do f8 for approval. then i get the stupid thing thats driving me nuts:

Setup cannot find a previous version of Windows installed on your computer. To continue, Setup needs to verify that you qualify to use this upgrade product.

Please insert one of the following Windows product CDs into the CD-ROM drive: Windows XP Home Edition {full version}, Windows XP Professional {full version}, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Millennium, Windows 98, Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows 95, or Windows NT Workstation 3.51.

- When the CD is in the drive, press ENTER.

- To quit Setup, press F3.

the disk is ALREADY IN THE DRIVE!!! I press enter it just goes straight bak to this page!!!

i dont kno wat to do and im dying here...

Edited by Apocalypse137

I'd suggest you format the partition using either partition magic or acronis disk director BEFORE trying to install xp then do a clean install. Or maybe the CD you have is an upgrade version of xp.

Edited by nitroshift

What exactly is that "full on XP disc" of yours? Might be an XP upgrade disc. Remove it from the drive and place your XP home disc in. It will than confirm thta you are entitled to upgrade and then ask for the upgrade disc.

Or, even better, Re-install using your XP home disc.

To save any further hassles, take out that hard drive, install itt as a secondary drive on a friends PC, scan for an virus/spyware etc and then back up.

Or smash everything, and then run around screaming hysterically!!! :D

WELL:

i bought windows XP the real version not just upgrade. and I put it in, and it started but then i got the blue screen of death!

session3_initialization_failed

GRRRRRRR

then at bottom says

technical info:

***STOP: 0x0000006F (al;ksjdf;alksjdf;lkjasdf;lkjsadf lots of #'s and stuff mostly 0's...)

wats goin on here!!!?