Folders / HFSVCPACK

smilinjim

Greetings. First post, clearly newbie question:... I have run nLite and RVM before, a couple times. I recently read the RVM site a little more and found other additions, like service packs and switchless installers. However, trying to just put them into either Ryan's installer or nLite did not seem to add them to the finished product. I just saw that there was more to turn them into additions for either of those products, but it looks like this HFSLIP will add them, if I put them in to the right folder. OK. But the idea of the folder is new to me, too, and it is not clear to me *where to create and put the folders*. If I add a folder called HFSVCPACK, do I put it in the Windows disk files, and, do I put it in the root, or in the i386 folder, or how exactly do I do this, please? Also, I saw something about a HFSVCPACK_SW and an EXPERT folder, and I'm not sure about the difference. When Tomcat76 lists HF and other folders on site: http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html , where do these go, please? The key to getting all those hotfixes, updates and such into HFSLIP seems to get this folder thing right -- I tried poking around to look for this basic info, but 'fraid this was not quickly clear to me -- but then the wife says I am easily confused. ;^) Thanks!

hi smilinjim! welcome to HFSLIP! :) for directory descriptions please read:

Basic how to

Advanced features

... everything that you need to know about HFSLIP is there ... initially running the cmd creates the directories for you ... all you have to do is just drop the appropriate files in designated folders ... for expert features, you have to create the folders manually ... for issues, the forum will be the best place to search from ... enjoy using HFSLIP!

Edited by Kiki Burgh