Slow Startup - Nlite'd Disk... help plz?

Darkmist

heya guys, been a fan of nlite for a **** long time - in my opinion its tbe best program out there

problem is im experiencing a really annoying problem - ok, so not REEALLY annoying but its a bit of an inconvenience, everything else runs very fast its just whenever i boot up it stays on the little blue rectangle saying 'windows is starting the system' or 'applying user settings' for quite a long time, i can not understand why - i have tried disks with the pre-fetcher both off and on, to no avail

so i was curious - has anyone else experienced these problems? if so... how did u sort it ?

thanks for any replies.. ill be waiting :)

Darkmist, long startup can be due to your storage controller drivers or the lan card. Try disabling channels which you don't use in the device manager (but be careful with that!) and once try disabling all lan cards (including the firewire controller if you have it) to see if it helps.

I have the same problem. The thing is its only on certain systems (same nlited xp disc used) so it has to be a hardware issue. I have disabled all networking except the one I use for internet. Any other ideas? What I can disable to change.

I have alot more services running since there were so many issues with services comming up on my install. Could all those services be causing this?