Ie7, Wmp 11, .net 1-2-3, Directx 9, And Live Messenger

I was just thinking, now that all these applications are out and in sync with Vista (Ie7, WMP 11, .NET 1-2-3, DirectX 9, and Live Messenger), I would love to see an all-in-one or step by step tutorial on integrating it all into XP SP2. Perhaps also a summary of applying hotfixes along with everything.

Sometimes it get's confusing with all these instructions spread out around everywhere and knowing what order things should run in the runonce files or the svcpack files.

Any of you geniuses out there who have succesfuly set up all of these in an unattended want to give it a go?

Edited by jbjones

I concur with jbjones, I too would also like to see such a tutorial or how-to. Preferably one without the phrase "Use XXX" where XXX is one of the plethora of automated install options.

MSFN's slogan is or was "For those who want to know.", and most definitely NOT "For those who want to do rather than know."

The latter is far too faith-based for my tastes.

I'd much prefer to "know" how and why a method works rather than blindly trust that it does...

orrwell

• 1 month later...

Hello, now you have two options that are simple that i know of,

you can simply add a Batch file and instal all of them Simply, or as the above programs have a MSI Installer they can be slipstreamed into the setup, i do not know how to slipstream them, which i think is the best way around it, so just google it, sorry guys, thats all i know

Ethan.

With nLite (http://www.nliteos.com), you can integrate IE7.

With jcarle's WMP11 Integrator (http://wud.jcarle.com), you can integrate WMP11.

With addons, you can integrate .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 (i don't think there is a working addon including all three yet). Live Messenger can be integrated using addons as well.

The difference with the IE7 and WMP11 integration described above is that the source itself is updated, rather than added to. WMP11 integration this way can add approximately 40 MB to the ISO size, so most go with a WMP11 addon.

integration of IE7 & WMP11 into the CD prevents RunonceEX from running if you use this for post installation tasks. its IE7 that causes the problem. ive tried using addons of both which but this seems to break half of my RunonceEX. i havent as yet had the time to search for a fix.

I recently had a customer who wanted a disc that could simply do all three itself, but it was a Corp VLK, IE Not genuine, now i do not like working with these, but it was a close family friend so why not i say tomyself, but of course IE7 and MP11 Require WGA, and they installed, but would not open :( ..... so i dont know ifthere is a way around that, becuase this would come under a crack or warez if im correct.

But i added IE7 to the RunOnce and then put MP11 in the addon for Nlite.

And they installed fine :)

I recently had a customer who wanted a disc that could simply do all three itself, but it was a Corp VLK, IE Not genuine, now i do not like working with these, but it was a close family friend so why not i say tomyself, but of course IE7 and MP11 Require WGA, and they installed, but would not open :( ..... so i dont know ifthere is a way around that, becuase this would come under a crack or warez if im correct.

But i added IE7 to the RunOnce and then put MP11 in the addon for Nlite.

And they installed fine :)

I believe you can install both normally using their silent switches. It will skip wga during install although ask to validate at first run. At least this is what happens with WMP11 and presumably also in IE7?