How do...

I suppose that u have already created the accounts, just create the folders u want to be copied and put it in the install dir and in the batch use a command like

COPY %systemdrive%\install\foldername %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\ /Y

I think there are better ways, but i can't think of 1 right now....

how it helps :)

I suppose that u have already created the accounts, just create the folders u want to be copied and put it in the install dir and in the batch use a command like

COPY %systemdrive%\install\foldername %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\ /Y

I think there are better ways, but i can't think of 1 right now....

how it helps :)

I understand how to do that, But I want it to copy itself when an account is made, or better still like in a 'All Users' Folder...

--Grant

Copy what you like to the "%PROFILEDIR%\Default User\Desktop\" directory, and each user will get their very own copy. Copy it to the "%PROFILEDIR%\Default User\Desktop\" directory and all users will share it.

If you are setting up multi user systems, you should define the contents of both of these in a less random manner than the default. Note: Default Users gives everyone a copy to do with as they please, All Users shares (thus controls) one copy for everyone. Users can use it, but only administrators can add/remove. You are best of doing all this from the cmdlines.txt call before the GuiRunOnce.

Silly me that'd be %PROFILESDIR%

Copy what you like to the "%PROFILEDIR%\Default User\Desktop\" directory, and each user will get their very own copy. Copy it to the "%PROFILEDIR%\Default User\Desktop\" directory and all users will share it.

If you are setting up multi user systems, you should define the contents of both of these in a less random manner than the default. Note: Default Users gives everyone a copy to do with as they please, All Users shares (thus controls) one copy for everyone. Users can use it, but only administrators can add/remove. You are best of doing all this from the cmdlines.txt call before the GuiRunOnce.

Thats what I wanted, thanks very much :)

--Grant

I tried doing this using some CMD Lines during unattended install. This is what I put.

CLS
@ECHO OFF
ECHO Copying additional Files and Folders to Desktop...
COPY "%systemdrive%\Desktop\Files\" "%PROFILESDIR%\All Users\Desktop\" /Y
ECHO Please wait...
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Additional Files and Folders Installed Successfully...
ECHO Exiting...
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO DEBUG MODE.
PAUSE

And it doesn't work

This is what it says...

argh.jpg

As Yazoo said. You must be doing this from the GuiRunOnce file, as PROFILESDIR exists only in the PRE-GUI Reboot portion of set up. You can use ALLUSERSPROFILE (probably = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users) once the machine has been setup. I do not know of a variable for the default users profile.