adding second cdrom

nichos

Hi all,

thank you very much for bearing with me. With your help I now run a VMachine HD.

Installed nLite streamlined XP & fs9 works too, although the VMware grfx is rather limited.

I dragged in the nvidia "91.47_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exedrivers" from the real HD but after the install it says "...it cannot locate any drivers compatible with current hardware...."

Is it possible to put in better drivers?

B.Band connects too.

I tried to add my second CDRom viaVM > Settings > Add but ,although it shows in exporer, will not see the cd / dvd inserted?

Also the cursor seems cabable to work in or out of VM windows without pressing Ctr-Alt, is it normal?

thanx nick

Edited by nichos

Installed nLite streamlined XP & fs9 works too, although the VMware grfx is rather limited.

I dragged in the nvidia "91.47_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exedrivers" from the real HD but after the install it says "...it cannot locate any drivers compatible with current hardware...."

What you see is what you get with the video drivers in a VM. It does not use your actual video card drivers but virtual drivers for the video. If you install the VMWare tools, located on the VM menu you will get the full VM driver and better resolutions, but don't expect to do everything in a VM you can do outside of it.
I tried to add my second CDRom viaVM > Settings > Add but ,although it shows in exporer, will not see the cd / dvd inserted?

When you added the second virtual cd-rom drive did you set the 'use physical drive' setting to your second physical drive letter? Or did you leave it set to the default 'Auto Detect'. If it's on auto detect, set it and your primary virtual cd's in the VM to the matching drive letter you wish to use.

Also the cursor seems cabable to work in or out of VM windows without pressing Ctr-Alt, is it normal?

Yes this is normal if you have the VMWare tools installed. And even without them installed sometimes it will lose the mouse under certain circumstances.

Well they were on phisical, but left them both " I ", so changed one to " J " which shows on explorer but is not recognised again.

1. the top DVD is "E" in explorer & will not read DVDs, only CDs

2. the bottom CDR-W "D" "----" & reads CDR-W

Noticed also I could change drive letters from the small icon in taskbar.