Windows XP login problem

crsri

Hi,

Whenever I login to my Windows xp machine, i get this message as below

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Please let me know what to do about this?

Also, I have installed Adobe acrobat, this generates errors with internet explorer and windows explorer. How to combat this?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Ok, how long have you had this error. See to help you understand XP its like being sick. You have to track your steps back to when XP was working. Thats the key to figuring out anything. So did you alwasy have this promblem or did it just start. As far as the user loading, that profile has been corrupted.

-XPerties

Well, I installed

XP a month ago. The problem is with just one user.. so what you suggest? Take of that user and start with a new username?

And about the errors with Internet explorer and Windows explorer, it started after I installed with Adobe Acrobat.

Please let me know what to do about that

Thanks

check the file sizes of ntuser.dat for the user name with the problem and the others. I have seen ntuser.dat files grow to huge sizes. If the problem one is grossly larger that the others - just delete it (might have to do this via safe mode -> command prompt. You will find the file under documents & settings/username.

LS

uninstall acrobat, get a newer version. if it hurts when you poke yourself in the eye.. stop poking yourself in the eye! lol annoying answer i know, ive installed acrobat on here no problems on several xp builds.. what version of acrobat is it you are using?