Possible bug with IE 7 integration?

ponghy

Hi Nuhi. I've tested your fabolous nLite 1.2.1 and I've seen the following problem:

When integrating IE 7 into the install (and of course several hotfixes too), I get the following error messages in

C:\WINDOWS\Setuperr.log:

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\msrating.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\inseng.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\imgutil.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Error:
Setup program could not register OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\pngfilt.dll due to the following error: GetProcAddress returned error code 127 (specified procedure was not found).

Note 1: The messages have been translated to english because my language is spanish.

Note 2: I've used *only* hotfix direct integration feature of nLite. I've not removed any component nor applied any tweak.

Can you confirm if this is a bug in nLite 1.2.1?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards.

Edited by ponghy

Hi Nuhi. I've tested your fabolous nLite 1.2.1 and I've seen the following problem:

When integrating IE 7 into the install (and of course several hotfixes too), I get the following error messages in

C:\WINDOWS\Setuperr.log:

Note 1: The messages have been translated to english because my language is spanish.

Note 2: I've used *only* hotfix direct integration feature of nLite. I've not removed any component nor applied any tweak.

Can you confirm if this is a bug in nLite 1.2.1?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards.

I don't have any such error messages in my English install doing the same integration.

Ok, I have to say I've integrated IE 7 final in spanish, version 7.00.5730.11.

Anyone else with this problem? May it be language-specific?

Thanks again.

Edited by ponghy

Hi Nuhi:

No, I've used only the original exe from Microsoft to integrate directly with nLite as a normal hotfix (ASMS compression was NOT checked).

nLite version used was 1.2.1 final.

Tested on a fresh Windows XP Prof. SP2 source.

Thanks very much for your support.

Edited by ponghy

• 2 weeks later...