Sfc_os.dl_ Hacked !

Hi

I have hacked SFC_OS as cab ( SFC_OS.dl_ ) and windowsxp setup will accept it without error :)

provide me with a link to upload it so any one can download it

sfc_os.dll 5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

you can put this file in \i386 and burn the CD :rolleyes:

REMARK :

I put my name inside sfc_os.dll if extract the cab file will fine my name at

offset : 207F4 as ( miso ). :D

:D

well it will allow you to turn off windows file protection. IN other words windows wont bug you foir the cd when you delete files from the syste32 folder. For me it means I dont need to force the user to remove the cd durring guirunonce. I would if it was me use this wiht the reghack to turn off wfp then install the system then use another reghack to turn wfp back on. I do like it just not durring install.

So with this file in place wfp is completely turn off?

Does this now mean that we dont have to worry about signed cab files during install, if so it could mean a lot of very dodgy cd's around. or am i on the wrong track here.

As an example if we had this file on our cd would we need the hacked uxteme file?

Or is it that .dll files that get replaced with the wrong ones will now not be automatically replaced by wfp and if so couldnt we allready do this with a reg key?

as i said, its dumb head night tonight...

you will still need the hacked uxtheme.dll the hacked sfc_os.dll only turns off wfp after ypou apply a reg tweak telling it to do so. So you could not apply the reg tweak till cmdlines.txt at the soonest which means the installer will replace your files before then and it will still be a moot issue. but after you laod the reg file into place then wfp will be off.

You can now leave it off if you like or only leave it off for the rest of the install and then turn it back on. with another reg file that will turn it back on. It's kinda nice durring install at least if you want ot repalce a bunch of system files for say hacked ones that icons you have changed in resedit.