XP AntiSpy

I tried to add all registry entries that are applied by XPAntiSpy, only to find out that some entries are system specific. You need to have some sort of serial number for that. Actually I never heard of it before, but anyway I think I have found a work-around. Which is where you fellows come in handy. I need you to verify something for me:

If you start regedit and open the node HKEY_USERS there will appear a couple of different nodes. One node is simple the Serial (ID) for you system. (eg. S-1-5-21-1167204288-1645353376-1513064588-1003).

The thing is, that I am to dumb and too lazy to read out this registry entry, which is why I tried to find a different place for this thing. And I actually think I found one.

This serial is hidden as folder at this spot:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials\

atleast it is on my computer.

It may occur that there is more than one serial-number-folder. But there ought to be one with exactly the same combination as written at your registry.

Please compare both registry entry and folder name for me at YOUR PC.

I this truly works, I will send the tool I programmed to create a (system specific) XPAntiSpy.reg file to anyone who would like to have it.

Thanks in advance,

Nephilim

P.S: I would be very thankful if anyone could give me (detailed) information about what this serial is good for and when and how it is created.

There is a better way. Simply replace HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1167204288-1645353376-1513064588-1003 with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ and you're good to go. Besides, that serial number is generated randomly with each install of XP so you really can't use it more than once. I suppose you might be able to work around it, but what's the point when you can simply use HKEY_CURRENT_USER? :)

There is a better way.  Simply replace HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1167204288-1645353376-1513064588-1003 with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ and you're good to go.  Besides, that serial number is generated randomly with each install of XP so you really can't use it more than once.  I suppose you might be able to work around it, but what's the point when you can simply use HKEY_CURRENT_USER? :)

problem wiht that is that is that it will only apply to current user and not evey user on the system. I guess that would be so with both though. I thinking about having a script in startup for the default user that do a few things the first time they login. Like turn on quick links, run pspad the first time, and now it could also run this little thingy to set seccurity settings. then I jsut need it to log them out really quick and delete itself.