nLite program installed on tower

I was given this as a referral so I hope someone can help me. First off, I am not computer knowledgeable but am learning very quickly I think. Anyways, I was using my husbands computer about 3 months ago, I had put Windows XP Home Edition on his after I had put it on mine; yes, I know that was stupid!! That had crashed my husbands tower, so he received another tower and it has Windows XP Media Center Edition and a program called nLite installed on it; question one: is the Media Center Edition something like the Professional? Second question: I have no clue what nLite is? After reading about it I am now beginning to see what it is and I am having a terrible time with it. Is there anyway I can delete nLite from his computer? Can I install Windows XP Home Edition over this program? See, this program will not let me do anything, someone else had this tower before us and put it in, so if I want to download anything it tells me to go to the eventviewer or the administrator. If Media Center Editon is not the same as Professional can I install that over this program nLite? I was reading over some of the responses to nLite usage and some of the people who are using this like it, at this time I must say I don't, maybe because I really don't know how to use it. If anyone can help me delete this program I really would appreciate it and my husband would also.

Thank you so much

given up

• 2 weeks later...

[question for moderators only: "plz move this thread to apropriate forum"]

@ Given_up

for me to understand anything about you actual questionn, id like to ask you a couple of questions first...

1: how, / where did you discover anny stuf from nlite on that computer...

A: whas is in the list of program's on your start menu?

B: is in your 'about my computer' dialog....

newex3.th.gif

like this...

[edit] Updated this post's picute to exclude the pid-code...

even though, the screenshot was made on a vertual machine's (evanuation copy),

i do appolegize for the intial mistake..

> Note to those who think of using this pid...

I always test and evaluate software with known and compromised pid's, (this is because i dont want to have to activate my private key everytime i test software (also because windows activation has a limit))

There is NO way to ever get windows update, working with it, - you'l just have to buy windows as you should...

[/edit]

Edited by -I-

I was given this as a referral so I hope someone can help me. First off, I am not computer knowledgeable but am learning very quickly I think. Anyways, I was using my husbands computer about 3 months ago, I had put Windows XP Home Edition on his after I had put it on mine; yes, I know that was stupid!! That had crashed my husbands tower, so he received another tower and it has Windows XP Media Center Edition and a program called nLite installed on it; question one: is the Media Center Edition something like the Professional? Second question: I have no clue what nLite is? After reading about it I am now beginning to see what it is and I am having a terrible time with it. Is there anyway I can delete nLite from his computer? Can I install Windows XP Home Edition over this program? See, this program will not let me do anything, someone else had this tower before us and put it in, so if I want to download anything it tells me to go to the eventviewer or the administrator. If Media Center Editon is not the same as Professional can I install that over this program nLite? I was reading over some of the responses to nLite usage and some of the people who are using this like it, at this time I must say I don't, maybe because I really don't know how to use it. If anyone can help me delete this program I really would appreciate it and my husband would also.

Thank you so much

given up

Hello given up,

Pretty much the only thing you can do at this point is take the tower to a computer shop and have them clean it up and reinstall the OS on it. Preferrably a mom-n-pop outfit so you don't get charged an arm and a leg for the work.

Hope this helps!

Pistolero.