Auzentech X-Meridian

Aegis

xmeridian_combo_adaptor.jpg

Designed by Auzentech's award-winning team of engineers, the new X-Meridian 7.1 sound card marks the dividing line between audio that sounds great, and audio that sounds perfect.

Like the X-Mystique and X-Plosion before it, the X-Meridian is a highly-anticipated Auzentech "World first" as the only all-original sound card engineered specifically to maximize the potential of the C-Media CMI-8788 chipset. The result is the highest quality Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital Live, and DTS Connect certified soundcard for your PC. X-Meridian delivers a pristine bitstream to your AV equipment as well as the highest analog output levels of any sound card on the market.

Upgrade to X-Meridian and cross over to pure high-resolution digital surround-sound audio while playing games, listening to music, or watching movies. Surround yourself with 24bit, 192 kHz resolution and better than 115 dB signal-to-noise ratio. Experience audio you can believe in.

Source: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-meridian.php

I want one... with the 7.1 kit ... and with the space to have a 7.1 kit. :P

Bah. 7.1 is very overrated. I have a 6.1 system, and I wish I hadn't bothered. Most people can't afford a 5.1 systems with decent speakers. Spending basically the same amount on a system with 2 more speakers means you get cheaper speakers leading to lesser sound quality, and very little more. There are very few movies with 6.1 audio (a dozen or so), and none in 7.1 AFAIK. I'd much rather have a 5.1 system with good speakers than a 7.1 system with so-so speakers. Sometimes less is more. And having more speakers to place sometimes is a real PITA (I counted for fun, there's already 22 speakers at my place not counting the ones in storage - the crappy ones that came with the 6.1 system, I don't think we need more).

But the card has very good specs, it has a good set of connections, they have very good drivers (unlike Creative), it has features like Dolby Digital Live which every decent sound card should have (again, not on Creative cards), etc.