Installing Adobe Reader 7.0

Neji

Good day! Im planning to make a batch file that will install adobe reader 7.... Can somebody help me out what's the correct format / parameters for this application? Thank you very much!

I'm sure you can find a thorough description of this process by searching the forum, but the short answer (off the top of my head) is that you first need to unpack the downloaded installer by running it, copying the installer files out of %PROGRAMFILES%\Adobe\Reader\Setup, existing the downloaded installer, then using standard Windows Installer switches on the .msi installer. In my case, my installation command looks like this:

msiexec.exe /package "Adobe Reader 7.0.8.msi" /quiet /norestart ALLUSERS=2

Like I said, though, searc the forums and you can get much more detailed information, including links to pre-packaged silent installers.

Here's a portion of my runonceex file which you might be able to use for your batch file:

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.05" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%:\APPS\ADBRDR7\ADBRDR7.msi /qn EULA_ACCEPT=YES" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 2 /D "msiexec /p %CDROM%:\APPS\ADBRDR7\Upd705.msp /qn REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 3 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%:\APPS\ADBRDR7\AcRdr7.reg" /f

first line runs the msi file for installing acrobat reader 7. you can use msiexec as nitro322 suggested to run it.

2nd line installs the update to 7.0.5 (I didn't want to download the full one so I just downloaded the update)

last line is just for applying the registry tweaks i wanted

Hi

I used the Adobe Installation tuner available at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2709

With this you can create an install set that accepts the EULA, stop creation of desktop icon and make silent. (Amongst other things although they're the options i used). It does seem that it just does the same as the above line though.

Maybe useful, maybe not, Just thought i'd share.