Import/Export of Email Addresses in A/D

Hi all,

After a little advice, if you please:

I administer a number of domains, and I want to know if there is a way of importing the email addresses of the employees in my domains into my main company exchange address list, or into AD as contacts. I know that I can export the contacts as a .csv etc, but how do I then drop them into the new location (our mail sevrer?)

we are running server 2003 and exchange 2003 on all domains/servers.

cheers!

so just to clarify, you have multiple domain setup (domain.yourcompany.com, domain2.yourcompany.com etc) andyou want all the different emails to be available in you top level domain (yourcompany.com). is exchange on each domain? or just one central exchange group?

not quite, I have my company domain (mycompany.domain.com) then I administer several companies, hosted onsite, but seperate domains (johns.domain.com and steves.domain.co.uk for example).

What I would like is a way of taking johns and steves list of employee email addresses and adding into ours.

exporting out the list to a csv and importing it into your AD as mail-enabled contacts would be the easiest way i can think of off the top of my head, you could script it out to happen every night or something like that

use csvde. I just did this the other day

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServe...3.mspx?mfr=true

this imports and exports information from active directory

and as a side note, this will export ALL KINDS OF INFORMATION from active directory. Ever want to know how many times a person has logged into a workstation. or when the last time a computer as contacted the domain controller. This exports all sorts of information.

use csvde. I just did this the other day

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServe...3.mspx?mfr=true

this imports and exports information from active directory

and as a side note, this will export ALL KINDS OF INFORMATION from active directory. Ever want to know how many times a person has logged into a workstation. or when the last time a computer as contacted the domain controller. This exports all sorts of information.

Cool program, never seen it before. Although a little different, I also like adfind from joeware.net.

-John