Mindows98 Adding specific sections

Kikketer

So I installed Mindows98 and love it.

But I would like to use a gamepad with it, is there a way to get the "Game Devices" installed?

My goal is to get a couple of Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro (gameport) pads running. So I won't need USB.

Thanks

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4834/screenshotmn7.jpg

Qemu is handy for testing and adding to mindows/mini98s if your cpu is capable,my 366,96mb manages just., You will probably need directx for your gameport pads from the infs mentioned. Filemon and monitoring your reg/file additions/changes using snapshots as you add the card in a normal 98 install or changing your setup directory as windows looks for plug and play then taking a snapshot of your card install can also help.

Above image for my car mp3 player pc booting from a 10meg rar via grubfordos not fully minimized,created in qemu.

Good luck

once you have your system the way you want, boot from the system normally to bypass any emulation foibles.

Edited by oscardog

Hi oscardog!

Is that sound support in Mindows98 on your pic?

Yes it a minimal win98 with a soundblaster pci 128 installed, unfortunately the soundblasters Eapci4m.ecw file uses up a quarter of the install size and the control panel extensions plus others have not been deleted yet , I might drop down to the 2 meg ecw and I should hopefully be nearer 15 mb total size. Interestingly after adding a couple of files I was able to get vlc running to play videos. But i would need some graphics drivers to do it justice, and it is intended for my car so I will perhaps give it a miss.

You need to add the appropriate INF files.

How do you determine which INF files you need for the specific things you'd like to add to the 'base' Mindows installation? I never though I'd say this, but the base Mindows install is too barebones for me, and I don't know how to add the things I'd like.