*BUG* in 5.4

When my useroptions.js file is named a certain way, WPI fails to launch via GUIRunOnce (as it is called with an entry in winnt.sif)

The error says:

'Glossy' theme does not exist.

Switching to 'Glossy', the default theme.

Now the funny thing is, is I do NOT have a glossy folder in my Themes, nor is my useroptions configured to use the Glossy theme. I use the Royale theme.

Here is how I can reproduce the error. Rename useroptions.js to useroptions_una.js

Make a new string entry in your HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

make its value the complete path to your WPI.hta with options=useroptions_una.js

It should fail to load the next time you log in. Now, if I rename the useroptions_una.js back to useroptions.js it will work. OR, if I call WPI with the options=useroptions_una.js from the windows' run box, or from command line, it will work just fine. The only time it doesn't work is when WPI is called from the GuiRunOnce.

Finally, when I copy my Royale theme and name the folder "Glossy", the WPI launches okay but it completely ignores the useroptions file. It instead loaded a default useroptions template with a default timer (mine was 300 seconds and it launched with roughly 30 secs remaining). So something is not working right when WPI is run from GuiRunOnce with an options= value provided and it generates a default file or something and that explains why it looks for a Glossy theme and complains when it's not there.

What is the exact value of the registry string you are entering? My guess is that its not reading the command line arguments when it is run from your registry entry.

If you haven't already tried, use this as your entry:

mshta.exe "<pathtoWPI>\WPI.hta" options=useroptions_una.js

If that doesn't work try it with the full path to your options config file.

P.S. - Just for future reference, there is a Bug tracker subforum for posts like this. Although I don't think this is a bug.

Edited by zorphnog

Here's another much easier way to produce the failure.

I created a batch file in the WPI folder called WPI.cmd In it: I simply have

WPI.hta options=useroptions_int.js

Now... when in windows, and I double click on wpi.cmd: it launches just fine. When I type <path to wpi folder>\wpi.cmd at a RUN box, it launches just fine.

However, when at a command prompt and I type <path to wpi folder>\wpi.cmd it FAILS with the same complaints of no glossy theme.

I also tried (from a command prompt) to launch WPI.hta and passed the options=useroptions_int.js and it failed again with the No Glossy theme error. So when run from a command prompt environment and not within windows explorer, it doesn't parse the options= variable and looks for the default useroptions.js which, in my case, does not exist. So it uses what would be default values upon creating one which uses the Glossy theme. Again in my case that folder doesn't exist anymore as I only use the Royale theme. The root of the problem is that it doesn't parse the options (or most likely any other value) properly when run from a command prompt. Just try it.

Edited by azaze1

I did some quick tests. Are you specifying the entire path of the options file?

w:\wpi\wpi.hta options=w:\wpi\wpiscripts\useroptions_int.js

If the file does not exist, or path is wrong, it does default back to the useroptions.js file.

I did some quick tests. Are you specifying the entire path of the options file?

w:\wpi\wpi.hta options=w:\wpi\wpiscripts\useroptions_int.js

If the file does not exist, or path is wrong, it does default back to the useroptions.js file.

*sigh* that was it. I guess I thought it was relative to the path of where wpi.hta was called. My bad