Sound blaster Audigy 4 or X-fi

cumminbk

Firstly...

Persoanlly, if I had the money id go for the:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

I love creative Augidy cards, very nice!

Secondly...Is it just a sound card you want? Or a recomendation for a video card as well?

Cause you wont get a good video image from the Audigy ;)

I am very interested in this thread as well. I am currently using the on board audio on my ASUS P5WD2-P mobo and am thinking about buying the X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card. I don't have enough cash flow for the Elite ;) ... it is my understanding that the X-Fi line are some of the best sound cards in the world. I am a music freak and have tons of songs, and love gaming. I've read that listening to music over one of these is like hearing again for the first time but better. Any thoughts?

I caved at best buy earlier and ended up buying the X-Fi Platinum. All I can say is WOW. This card is amazing, everything is so crisp, clear and sounds amazingly better than on board. The EAX and HD in FEAR are absolutely amazing. The CMSS-3D makes enhances the hell out of the surround sound and the Crystalizer tops it off. I hope the neighbors don't get to p***ed ;). I like all the softwares that come with the card, plus the remote to adjust the a variety of things and the front panel. All in all I can't complain and it was $30 less at Best Buy then on Newegg! Heres some pics:

Card

Card In Comp

Back

Front

Edited by ringfinger