SFC confusing Language

shortbean

SFC confusing Language

Disable the Enable, Enable the Disable, Enable the Enable, Disable the Disable

I find the SFC descriptive language very confusing. I'm none to smart but i can usually figure stuff out. There are 75 hits in the forum under 'SFC confusing' and i'm not sure i understand this subject after scanning them. Is it because it uses a double negative?

"SFC (Windows File Protection) Enabled (default) | Disable

Disable automatic recovery of replaced or deleted system files and folders. This disables SFC during and after install, drastically decreasing the duration of your installation."

Here are my reads:

1) Default is SFC (Windows File Protection) Enabled (default)... SFC Windows File Protection is on as if Bill Gates installed it himself.

2) "Disable automatic recovery of replaced or deleted system files and folders." Now I'm getting confused... is this statement telling me that "Enabled" is enabling the disable? Or Disabling the Enable.... Or is it language confirming that Disable needs to be selected to disable the enable. Does this mean that I have to select Disable to to Enable SFC.... My read is the opposite of what i thought statement 1) enabled does indeed disable SFC.

3) " This disables SFC during and after install, drastically decreasing the duration of your installation." Would seem to imply that using the enabled default is in fact disabling SFC.

What I want to do is this "drastically decreasing the duration of your installation." What shiny little button should I push.

none to smart

shortbean

Topic is SFC. Enable means enable, disable means disable. Right ? :huh: That was it.

It's all right, there is no reason to blush.

I for instance got confused by the new main menu (SP, drivers, unattend, tweaks, removal, ISO etc...) , blank meaning selected and grey deselect, when all the rest of the screen is blank, the deselected actions look highlighted instead of ... inactive.

To some extent I agree that it may be confusing since it's related to the SFC rather than SFC patch while the upper UXtheme patch is regarded to the patch itself. Gonna see about it.

Ponch, is it better in rc1 ?

Ponch, is it better in rc1 ?

I only got fooled by 1.2 beta. I wanted to "quickly" make an ISO and destroyed my install B) . Latest version is much clearer. I hadn't installed it yet before posting.