Yellow "Stand By" button Disabled

ITinerant

I've been searching for a way to disable the yellow "Stand By" button from the Welcome Screen.

My last nLited Installation had this done without my knowing how. Was this just a Fluke?

Is there a registry tweak that will allow me to do this on purpose?

I found a VBS script at Kelly's Korner , but that didn't work. If sombody knows how to do this or why nLite did this I would sure appreciate knowing. Thanks.

Edited by ITinerant

dont know the answer to your question, but i've also noticed that with nLite 1.0.1 my standby button was disabled despite the fact that I did not change my presets, and I don't know why.

i don't think it's related to nlite. i think it's related to registry tweaks.

it always happens to me on my nlite cds, but lately i've been testing stuff on a clean copy of windows with just reg tweaks, and my standby button was disabled for the first few boots.

it fixes itself after a while though, and comes back. does your error log say anything?

EDIT: just tested with a retail image + regtweaks, no nlite involved and it's still happening. event log doesn't seem to have anything related to it.

i disable a ton of services, that would be my first bet at the cause of this. i disable workstation + server and pretty much anything else that isn't required for windows to run.

Edited by #rootworm

I concur, it's probably related to some registry tweak. I leave all my Services alone. I only ran my latest test install a couple of times because of some results with which I wasn't happy, except the disabled Stand By button. I use RyanVM's latest update pack and various addons, all of which I use RVM_Integrator_1.4.1 to intigrate and then use nLite to remove, tweak and create unattended ISO's. Looks like I'll be going back to create some variables to narrow down the cause.

Edit: Just found the answer :thumbup

Disable Stand By dot reg

disablestandby.reg

Edited by ITinerant