Can You Install Windows 98 On A Blank Drive

Atmosphere XG

Ever since I got my First Computer (Back in 1998) my Floppy Drive worked for about a month,

then died. It actually works but, it can never read the disks. :wacko:

So, from 1998 to 2006 I never used the Floppy Disk. I would like to copy Windows 98 on another Hard drive for backup, and, was wondering if there was a way to do it, without resorting to the Floppy Disk.

The Drive is empty and partitioned. All is needed is to install Windows 98. I like to keep my second, third, etc. Hard Drives loaded with an operating system in the event the main drive dies, I can just switch IDE

cables and I'm back in business. :yes:

Oh. I'm using the Recovery Disc CD that came with the Computer. That's the catch. Having two to three Hardrives offering the same features/functions. It offers Windows 98 on the CD. Will this be a problem? :unsure:

I believe the "OEM-customised Windows" sounds correct. For, I've been reinstalling my computer to factory default for years, and, I do have the Windows 98 book, Product Key, & the Certificate of Authenticity as well. :)

:lol::lol: I can actually go to Windows -> Options -> Cabs? and, pull the whole Windows 98 out of my computer.

I tried re-installing it directly that way (Clicking on the "Setup") and it reinstalled :thumbup

But! I needed to punch in a Name & something else below that (Due to stating "Unknown" in the boxes) and, when I tried that, I got some kind of error, and, it shut down. :}

So.......... I used my backup drive, deleted the problem drive, and, re-partitioned it again.

All I need to do now, is to format it (I can actually do this on my other PC with the working Floppy Drive) and, reinstall the OEM version back to default.

Couldn't I just "Mirror Image" the working drive on the newly formatted (and portioned) older drive?

They are exactly the same (Hard drive brand/Specs wise)

Thanks

Edited by Atmosphere XG