Want to get around the MSN Virus Scanner?

Zxian

I made a simple blank C++ project in VS2005 today, just to get around the MSN Safety Scanner.

Scan Spoofer v0.1

MD5: F26AB41ED86E7E0FEE991555DF7278A2

It's nothing special, but I figured I'd share for others who don't want to install the Windows Live Safety Scanner.

To use it, just extract the file to any location. I use the WLM install directory - C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger. Then set MSN to use ScanSpoof.exe as your "virus scanner". (Tools->Options->File Transfer)

I hold no responsibility if you get an infection while using this. This is no replacement for safe computing practices.

Enjoy!

Small and doesn't need .NET, but...

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

EXE doesn't look corrupted...

BTW, would using another do-nothing program (maybe even a 1-byte COM file that just returns) have the same effect? I don't use WLM...

Example 1-byte do-nothing program attached (not a ZIP, forum doesn't like COM extension for some reason). (It would've probably been easier to just say it's a single byte Alt+195... :lol:)

Nothing.com.zip

Odd... I've added the MD5 sum of the version I've got on my computer (which runs without problems). I've also given it to others who haven't had troubles with it. Maybe you got a corrupt download?

7E60E4646F5A90ACAA71252A80FC789C

I'm really not sure why it's not working for you... It's got basically no code in it...

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "ScanSpoof.h"

int APIENTRY _tWinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
LPTSTR lpCmdLine,
int nCmdShow)
{

}