nero and problems with new cpus?

ngc2392

hello,

well, i have a problem with nero (versions form 66xx to latest) on a new intel boards (965lt) and cpu 6xxx. Until now i tested nero 66xx on all intel boards without problem but with new stuff i got "angry". the problem is that nero succesfully finish burning on an empty cd but when i want to reburn it with multisession, pc brakes and freeze. it must be restarted. just to click on add files button it goes freeze. sometimes it does finish the job, but when the validation is complete, and it should say finish, there it goes again. freeze. windows itself normally reads the cd. and, the best part...free program (deepburner) burns normally everything. without errors of anykind. but nero...ok, i don't knw if nero is REALLY the blamed program but, what is, if not nero? has anyone encountered same problems? thanks....

well, guys...on a new machine you hardly need a defrag, don't you? and since on every machine nero works, it's not really a defragment. i try with 7.2xx and it's the same. well, did not run the really latest one but i figure out that problem will remain. anyway thanks for help...it's now to see different configurations whether they work or not... :}

• 1 month later...
well, guys...on a new machine you hardly need a defrag, don't you? and since on every machine nero works, it's not really a defragment. i try with 7.2xx and it's the same. well, did not run the really latest one but i figure out that problem will remain. anyway thanks for help...it's now to see different configurations whether they work or not... :}

Hi, I've been having exactly the same problem since we started using the 965 boards at my work (PC reseller). I haven't found a solution, and have tried using different model LiteOn and LG DVD burners, as both master and slave.

I've just installed DeepBurner and will use it on new PCs from now on because as you say, it doesn't have the problem.