kb920872 installs over and over again...

amp_man

Okay, here's the situation: I'm mainly a linux user now, so when I booted up windows today on my laptop, I had two cycles worth of updates to install (yay). All of them installed properly, without any hitches, so I went about my way, resizing my windows partition to make more room for linux. Then, the Automatic Updates icon in the taskbar popped up, telling me I needed to install kb920872. So, I allowed it to install, and went back to my work. Less than a minute later, it was back, same update, reinstalled it, and it came back again. So, aggravated, I rebooted again (without reinstalling it), and started up acronis just in time for it to return. So, I installed it once more, rebooted, and it was back again. So, I uninstalled it, rebooted, downloaded it straight from MS, reinstalled it, rebooted again, and the frickin icon is still there, nagging about the same update. I've googled this update, and it would seem I'm the only person who's ever had an issue with it. Needless to say, this is just one big reminder as to why I like linux, but if anyone can tell me how to fix it, it would be great.

BTW, This is with XP Home, SP2, nlite'd with version v1.0rc7 and ryanvm v2.0.5, and all updates installed thereafter. The machine is an HP Pavilion ze2308wm with HP's drivers, which were integrated originally and updated as necessary.

Edited by amp_man