understanding new sound controls?

fletch33

i use a program call " audio cleaning lab" by magix all the time on my pc to record anything playing and then cut it up etc... to make like ringtones or whatever. i have used this program for years and really dont want to live without but here is my problem. i have not been able to get anything to pick up sound playing from say the web through my browser. in xp it was as easy as going to sound properties and turning up the wave volume control and then sound recorder or magix would record whatever was playing through my soundcard. i have not been able to get anything not even the built in sound recorder to capture sound from whatever is playing through my sound card and i have tried everything i can think of in vista to make this work.

any help would be greatly appreciated. whether it is a program that you know works in vista or a fix to my current problem.

i use a program call " audio cleaning lab" by magix all the time on my pc to record anything playing and then cut it up etc... to make like ringtones or whatever. i have used this program for years and really dont want to live without but here is my problem. i have not been able to get anything to pick up sound playing from say the web through my browser. in xp it was as easy as going to sound properties and turning up the wave volume control and then sound recorder or magix would record whatever was playing through my soundcard. i have not been able to get anything not even the built in sound recorder to capture sound from whatever is playing through my sound card and i have tried everything i can think of in vista to make this work.

any help would be greatly appreciated. whether it is a program that you know works in vista or a fix to my current problem.

the whole audio stack was rewritten for vista, companies will have to take a look at their software and upgrade it to suit these changes, check with the the software vendor, if they aren't around you have to look for an alternative, might want to wait till Vista RTMs most companies won't start offering vista compatible stuff till then

thanks for you response. i was hoping that there would be something already ou there that works with vista to record sound from the soundcard. i could not even get the built in soundrecorder in accessories on vista to record anything.

thanks for you response. i was hoping that there would be something already ou there that works with vista to record sound from the soundcard. i could not even get the built in soundrecorder in accessories on vista to record anything.

lol, vista isn't even out yet, sound programs are going to be a crap shoot since the sound stack was redone, something work well and other don't work at all (creative)

Adobe Audition 2.0 isn't vista compatible because of the sound re-write...somewhat annoying, but 1.5 works great, for anything from windows 2000 to Vista 5536 to my current knowledge from testing. i wont get to RC1 for a while because of my need for a printer. my lexmark Z23 cannot install on vista...i tried doing it the long way, but some driver isn't working. it seems like its printing, but no ink comes out.

not sure what else to say on it. windows recording mixer is also changed, but still similar.