iTunes 7.1 standalone no QT info

anonymous_user

roguespear has long stopped offering silent, standalone itunes installers. but i was wondering if someone would consider making one for the new version 7?

i use quicktime alternative so i dont want to use the standard itunes setup which installs the full quicktime.

Edited by anoymous_person

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have found that the following installation command line appears to work quite well although you will still need to go through the initial setup routine. I am using Wise package Studio 6 (at work :-) so I might get round to authoring a complete MSI to encompass the whole installation.

ITUNES V7.0.1.8

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /i <path location>\Tunes.msi REGSRCH_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 REGSRCH_INSTALL_ASU=0 REGSRCH_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0 /qb

QUICKTIME V7.1.3.130

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /i <path location>\QuickTime.msi DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 REGSRCH_INSTALL_ASU=0 /qb

APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE V1.0.1.1

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /i <path location>\AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi /qb

REGSRCH_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 - This prevent any shortcuts appearing in Desktop and QuickLaunch folders

REGSRCH_INSTALL_ASU=0 - Prior to the install there is a check box for installing "Apple Software Update", I believe this removes the check box

REGSRCH_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0 - This stops iTunes/Quicktime being the default media player

I think that covers it. All I can say is well done to Apple for finally getting rid of all Install Shield rubbish!

Gareth

• 3 months later...