A Few Questions...

Xeijin

Okay, I've been reading up alot on the unattend install thing, I'm pretty new to it as all I've done before is slipstream SP2 into my original disc source. It seems a bit confusing to me though, even after reading the tutorial on unattend.msfn.org.

So I'm trying to see if there's an easier way than the RunOnceEx stuff (frankly the batch files thing confuses me quite alot).

Basically here's what I want to do,

• Windows XP SP2, with all current HotFixes
  • Create a fully unattended setup with no input from user.
  • Remove uneeded components
  • Completely Customize Disc (Billboard, OEM info in System Properties, Choose Default Startup Style/Wallpaper)
  • Custom Registry Tweaks
  • Integrate Chipset, LAN, GPU (ATI) & RAID Drivers.
  • Install some programs at setup (Opera, Nero etc.)

I have a general idea of how to go about doing most of that (nLite seems to cover it) but as far as Custom Registry Tweaks and Installing programs are concerned, I'm at a loss. I think the Driver Packs thing should cover integrating drivers.

It seems that Custom Registry Tweaks have something to do with the RunOnceEx batch file, though I'm still confused as to how they are imported etc.

As for custom programs, I am under the impression that they need to be modified in some sort of way either with a switch or something else, also it seems that the order in which they are installed in setup seems to matter too, I know some people have packaged these programs up already, but there are some programs which I use not available like that. How would I go about doing this for my own programs?

What I'm looking for is a program, or combination of programs which will let me handle the above tasks. I'm looking at AutoImage and nLite, but I can't find anything about registry tweaks in them.

I also have a few other questions:

Is it possible to change the colours of the text-mode setup?

Is it possible to make windows stop displaying the non-WHQL Drivers pop-up in setup? (for my RAID Drivers)

Can I just install a fresh copy of windows, then apply all the registry tweaks I want, and make a custom registry tweak file out of this?

Can I use some sort of registry tweaker for my custom registry tweaks?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this, TIA!

// Xeijin

Applying regtweaks via cmdlines would be easier. ;)

You're simply trying to do TOO MUCH all at once for a newbie.

If you don't try to get to terms with the basics (like cmd, reg) you won't get very far.

If you only rely on progs to do the jobs you'll find it hard to troubleshoot.

I agree with both T D and Takeshi! Otherwise, you need the whole site of MSFN summarized, here, in a single topic. This is impossible.

You've already prepared a brilliant list of your needs and you know exactly what you want.

This is a good starting point showing that you've done many things correctly.

I suggest you spend (actually, you invest) some of your valuable time in reading.

The following tasks can be achieved by reading:

- Windows XP SP2, with all current HotFixes

- Create a fully unattended setup with no input from user.

- Completely Customize Disc (Billboard, OEM info in System

Properties,Choose Default Startup Style/Wallpaper)

- Custom Registry Tweaks

- Integrate Chipset, LAN, GPU (ATI) & RAID Drivers.

- Install some programs at setup (Opera, Nero etc.)

You'll need Resource Hacker to customize Windows.

And nlite is good at removing uneeded components.