Big problems with hotfixes installation

Muki

1. I have just installed many hotfixes to my fresh WXP Pro SP2 EN. But I have big problem to do so with last 25 fixes. I run KBxxxxxx but installation process never ends. It stops at 'inspecting system' or at 'making restore point' as I can see on my screen. Sometimes installing one hotfix is successful but next one not.

In taskmanager I can see KBxxxxxx proces that has 0% CPU time, update process with 0% CPU time and one of svchosts has 100% CPU time. It can last for hours without any result. Restarting PC does not help.

2. My second problem is with hotfixes integration. When I try to integrate more than 200 hotfixes, installation process never goes over t39.

Is there any way to fix these "bugs", at least the first one. I don't want reinstal the whole system. :no:

Pleas, help me. :(

Thank you.

1. I have just installed many hotfixes to my fresh WXP Pro SP2 EN. But I have big problem to do so with last 25 fixes. I run KBxxxxxx but installation process never ends. It stops at 'inspecting system' or at 'making restore point' as I can see on my screen. Sometimes installing one hotfix is successful but next one not.

In taskmanager I can see KBxxxxxx proces that has 0% CPU time, update process with 0% CPU time and one of svchosts has 100% CPU time. It can last for hours without any result. Restarting PC does not help.

2. My second problem is with hotfixes integration. When I try to integrate more than 200 hotfixes, installation process never goes over t39.

Is there any way to fix these "bugs", at least the first one. I don't want reinstal the whole system. :no:

Pleas, help me. :(

Thank you.

Microsoft *agressively* supports all hotfixes. If you have a problem with installing them, call the normal PSS supportline, and they'll help you install the hotfixes on your system (for free). If you want help with slipstreaming it, there would be a charge for that, but one-off installs are absolutely free.

The c:\windows\KBxxxx.log file doesn't tell you anything?

Same thing happens in safe mode?

200 Hotfixes!!!!! wow I don't know what OS you're updating, but I suggest you to install latest service pack, (XP with SP2 needs only ~61 updates so far, -including september hotfixes-).

As for troubleshooting your hotfix problems, bluescreens is right, take a look at your C:\Windows folder an open the KBXXXXX.log file in notepad, where XXXXX is the KB number you were installing when the problem occured, that will tell you what the problem was.

Edited by chon_

200 Hotfixes!!!!! wow I don't know what OS you're updating, but I suggest you to install latest service pack, (XP with SP2 needs only ~61 updates so far, -including september hotfixes-).

Did you not read what he said?

1. I have just installed many hotfixes to my fresh WXP Pro SP2 EN.
As to the real issue:
It stops at 'inspecting system' or at 'making restore point'

It could be because the SR folder is too full...