Need some Cheap/ retail price on DVD-R

ideas

no all wat am saying is that i would like to get cheaper prices like $0.17 so i can sell them for $0.22 each

uhh..

like i said i wouldn't sell them for more either, thats illegal in most cases! :}

If you can get them for 0.17 then other people can get them for 0.17 including your rivals...

no all wat am saying is that i would like to get cheaper prices like $0.17 so i can sell them for $0.22 each

uhh..

like i said i wouldn't sell them for more either, thats illegal in most cases! :}

If you can get them for 0.17 then other people can get them for 0.17 including your rivals...

im just wondering... thats illegal? how about for food then? like if some place buys hot dogs at a store and sellls them to ppl? just an example.

Like I said... in most cases!

If both companys buy stock from one place, and one place sells it for more than the other place... People will usually go for the place where its cheaper... BUT, what ideas has in mind is that they want to buy media for cheap and resell it, probably for more like say 2 cents more, for profit... BUT if the rival company buys the same cd's, the cheapest that somebody can sell it for is approx 1c more than what you buy it for, otherwise there is no point in buying stock to sell if there is no profit margin.

Unless your happy with a loss, I wouldn't really go ahead with this!

Pls remember am in Jamaica and i wud be importing these DVD Blanks to sell at a small Profit.

Well... I don't know much about importing costs and shipping costs to/from Jamaica. But if you could buy dvd's for around 20c and maybe sell them to 50c each, you might have a chance... Thats if there are no other rivals selling it for that cheap. But still, I would have a hard think about it.

Edited by undeadsoldier

If reselling for more is illegal then how does any store/distributor stay in business?

@ideas keep your eyes out for staples/office max. They frequently have buy 100 get 100 free dvd-r sales. The last bunch of blank dvds I got from staples were 50% off AND buy one get one free. I think I paid $15usd for 200 dvds.

Barring them, Newegg usually has very good prices (do they ship internationally?)

If reselling for more is illegal then how does any store/distributor stay in business?

@ideas keep your eyes out for staples/office max. They frequently have buy 100 get 100 free dvd-r sales. The last bunch of blank dvds I got from staples were 50% off AND buy one get one free. I think I paid $15usd for 200 dvds.

Barring them, Newegg usually has very good prices (do they ship internationally?)

only US for newegg, although canada has been rumored for a while...

ive gotta start looking at some flyers, i need some dvds and a 200dvds for 15$ deal sounds nice :)

THANKS, for your advice.... advice like these am looking for.....

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to buy 6000 dvd-r's there is a good chance you'll be able to work out a deal with a manufacturer or even a newegg-type store. Call customer service for a bunch of sites and try to haggle them down a few cents/dvd