Outlook 2003 problems after removal of IE & install of Firefox

Plasma

Hi guys, been working on this one for a couple of months, seem to fix it after trying many things but then can't replicate the fix on a clean system, hence having trouble fixing my problem!

The scenario is this, I use nLite to remove IE and a host of other components, I install Outlook 2003 at T13 and AFTER that I then install Firefox (again at T13). After the install and having configured outlook. When I receive an email with a link in it, I click it expecting it to open in Firefox, but I get this message:

Now I believe this is something to do with the file types / handlers. Its definately a registry setting and I think based around the classes in HKLM\Software\Classes\. Lots of search results in Google but all say reset settings in IE (no can do as I've removed it!).

I have one machine with Outlook that I've fixed and a broken Outlook in VM Ware! In the one I fixed I also made changes in file explorer "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" but I've tried that many things, seems like a combination of things I did to fix it worked, but I'm unable to find the right combination again to fix the machine I have in VM Ware and implement the fix on my uA disk! (Hope that makes sense!).

Still working on the problem but just though I'd post in case someone has already fixed it and can save me tearing out my hair!

Cheers

Plasma

Edited by Plasma