Nilte gaming tweaking etc

bojo

hi,

im going to reinstall my pc... again

going to go back to 32 bit from x64... (possible installing x64 again as dual boot).

this is because of nvidia's horrible drivers and horrible customer support, the drivers are bugged, but seems they prefer to ignore it.

anyway.

how can i Nlite a version of 32 bit windows, in order to run fast and be good for games.

my Specs are

3.2ghz emt64t

1gig ram

6600gt 256mb

200Gb hdd

winfast dtv1000t video card

sum random lan card that works with any OS natively

Abit-ni8 Sli

i pretty much want this pc to be games, and music orientated.

whole reason im going back is because nvidias x64 drivers for audio, dont work, im forced to used the realtek ones. however the realtek ones lack the features that make the nvidia ones good *sigh*

you guys think it will work? plus how do i use nlite to make the windows xp pro geared towards gaming

Basically you'd just nLite out as much as possible. Extra drivers, services, etc that you don't use. Of course for some of the stuff you might need to do some testing first, so either try it in Virtual PC or on a separate partition you can format later.

Also, you might want to try getting Windows 2003 eXPerience Edition (on Pirate Bay or somewhere). It's already nLited and tweaked for you, and people say it is pretty damn fast (for games, too). Although some people also say they had trouble with some games, but I don't know if that's from incompatibility or incompetency.

I'm currently in the process of testing this for myself, I've altered the tweaks a bit and even re-nLited it (apparently that works).

Here's my old Session file if you need somewhere to start...

RC8.5_Last_Sessionx.ini

Edited by Lamer