Is Microsoft using us?

hyipo

Because of piracy now Betas are useless and you are forced to upgrade and there may be so much issues you will just buy another product.

Look at Microsoft AntiSpyware. I can't use the old ones because the ones expired. The reason I used the old opnes are not piracy (to m$$$) but because the new ones suck and my server could not use them. Microsoft has a funny way to stop piracy. Now just to use them on Windows 2000 I have to have GDI ??? I never had to use that with the old ones. Also I never was probably forced to use WGA just to use it (probably a way to force me to buy XP and not 2000).

I feel like they are using me with Beta testing.

I also don't like Vista Activation. Not because of pirrracy (sorry just mad), but because they could shut off support for activating the old Vista betas.

Microsoft is just using people, to get people to test the betas, report bugs, give their reveiws, they may even force you to pay for the downloads, but then they just shut off your betas like your a freelancer, and a pirate.

It's crazy those greedy corperations. Most places if you beta test you get it free but now Beta testing is nothing but a big fat scam for poor people, and middle class. Heck one company I beta tested a image interpolation program I get to keep my payware, and no activation, and without paying, and without being called a pirate.

Heck I don't seem to like Microsoft Betas anymore.

sorry for my rants it's just I used to like Microsoft Antispyware now don't want to touch the stuff.

Even my grandma said my aunt didn't like the antispyware either. She even said it was like spying on her when she used it.

It's like we don't deserve to keep our Betas but we have to pay for them or goto Jail. We don't have to test threm. Maybe we shouldn't until we get what we demand. To keep what we test.

Edited by hyipo

Yes and no. If you are beta testing, then that is all there is to it. If a product is going to be payware, then you are aware of that at the beginning, so it is your choice. But, I do think that beta testers should be given some consideration. The more a beta tester can help, the more consideration (I can't imagine how that could be made to work). If a beta or any final product has stipulations, then it is still a choice you can make as to wether you want to use it or not.

As to activation, well, I guess that sticks in my craw also. But it is a choice you make. Use it or not. The only reason that activation or any of the other tactics exist is because of piracy and dishonest people and honorable people end up toting the line.

One thing in betas of payware that really bugs me is when you know it is going to be payware and producers of said payware don't give a hint as to the final price. $20 or $2000? I'm not interested in beta testing and therefore learning to use a program that in the long run I won't be using because I can't or won't pay the price.

DL

you know the one thing i still cant emegine is: |

why would i ever be beta'testing it?

> for the fun ofcaurce

but why would i go around and bug-hunt the d@mned thing,

- for no reason at al:

---- why would i be looking for details about a bug if i stumble upon one?.

(for even less reason).

what could make me change my atitude?

well cash for one, or maybe a free personal (non-transferable) licence for the final version i beta-tested

if i can provide a certain amount of info about 1 or more bugs....

why dont they just make it a game?