wmp11 pre-rc1

ripken204

i was having the same problem. after about playing... 20 mins or so of music, my comp would give me a blue screen, dump the memory, then reboot. with vista 5536.

with 5384 i couldnt play anything as i had no sound.

im going back to XP because of it, but idk when ill reload, school is starting on tuesday for me. i can do it, i jsut dont feel like it. :lol:

I have WMV issues with both 5536 and 5552 (both the Pre-RC1 branch). It will not play WMV, but other files are fine. It doesn't crash or anything it just refuses to play WMV.

Will install build 5600 (RC1) by tomorrow and see if that offers the same problems.

Yep, was put on Connect bout 10PM BST last night. Installed it this morning.

This build is brilliant. RAM usage is still a bit heavy (45% of 1gb) but everything else is ace. Reliable and most of all - speedy!

Edited by Biohead

If you are in the Beta then just go to the Longhorn section then into downloads.

If you aren't in the Beta then it won't show up. 5600 has not yet been released to the public.

Edited by Biohead

Yep, was put on Connect bout 10PM BST last night. Installed it this morning.

This build is brilliant. RAM usage is still a bit heavy (45% of 1gb) but everything else is ace. Reliable and most of all - speedy!

expect to see RC1 for public download sometime monday or tuesday. Darn it BIOhead you be me to it, burning the DVD now :) curse the going out and sleeping in thing today :wacko: