Vista 5536 Error

KamiQuazi

I'm recieveing a BSOD when installing Vista. I don't know what is causing it. Any ideas.

My specs are:

MSI K8N Neo4 Planitum Edition

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

1gb of OCZ 2-2-2-5

120 GB WD IDE (split into 2 partitions)

200 GB SATA

I have an idea what the problem is, but do ya'll think that it HAS to be installed on the primary partition of a HDD?

Thanks,

LICS2k7

P.S.

A screen shot of the error will be posted tonight.

Thanks again,

LICS2k7

sure we can do that, check you BIOS version and see if htere is an upgrade for your motherboard, it maybe the problem, also install vista with the least amount of pci and adapter cards you can (sound cards HDs, CD-roms etc) 1 DVD rom 1 HD and everything else that you need for the compy to start, if it still errors then your mobo or drives may not be campitble with vista yet

Well all i have installed as PCI wise is the Modem <56k>, Sound Blaster Sound Card and My video card... Nothing anywhere else... I disconnected all usb devices so it basic hardware needs... and still BSOD...

Well all i have installed as PCI wise is the Modem <56k>, Sound Blaster Sound Card and My video card... Nothing anywhere else... I disconnected all usb devices so it basic hardware needs... and still BSOD...

Remove the modem. Sometimes modems can be a PITA, I know that for a fact from various XP installs.

Remove the modem. Sometimes modems can be a PITA, I know that for a fact from various XP installs.

But the installation of Windows XP goes fine. I'll try that Saturday afternoon, have a game tonight and then work tomorrow morning...

Here is the error I get when I try to install my copy of Beta 2. Here is what I have in my system:

. MSI K8N Neo4 Platnium Edition

. AMD Athlon 64 3500+

. OCZ El DDR 1 GB (2x512mb)

. Western Digital Sata 200 GB 7200.9

. Western Digital ATA 120 GB 7200.7

. Benq DVDRW DL

. TSSTcorp DVDRW DL

. Nvidia 5200 FX PCI 128mb

. Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

---------------------------------------------

I've taken the modem and the video capture card out and still get this same BSOD. I've resetted the BIOS to default and to no avil a BSOD.

---------------------------------------------

img009.jpg

To add to the confusion, I decided to try another way to install Vista. I tried to install Vista in VMWare and same as the system installs, BSOD everywhere. Now, I downloaded the free version of Virtual PC 2004 SP1, and tried to install Vista and it was sucessful. So any ideas?

English isn't my native idiom!!!

I've got many times a problem like this, and, in my case, the sources were:

1 - a bad partition on the disk (I use partioned disk like you). I recreate the partitions using the Windows XP installation CD and with full format, not the quick option;

2 - I saw on the XP Event Viewer, ACPI messages errors, and I found out that the unit power was with some disfunction. I replaced it, and everything was fine.