legacy drivers - Sound Blaster 16 and DEC 21140 Enet Adapter

bigfatroundguy

I have been trying to get WinXP SP2 loaded into Virtual PC 2004 and no matter what I have tried I cannot seem to get it to recognize the emulated hardware that VPC uses - VPC indicates that it emulates hardware for which every version of Windows would recognize and load the appropriate drivers, however, my nLite'd version does not seem to have the drivers. At this time, I can't tell whether WinXP should have the drivers or not. Does anyone know whether these drivers have been ripped out as a function of "nLiting". thx

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to get WinXP SP2 loaded into Virtual PC 2004 and no matter what I have tried I cannot seem to get it to recognize the emulated hardware that VPC uses - VPC indicates that it emulates hardware for which every version of Windows would recognize and load the appropriate drivers, however, my nLite'd version does not seem to have the drivers. At this time, I can't tell whether WinXP should have the drivers or not. Does anyone know whether these drivers have been ripped out as a function of "nLiting". thx

I have the same problem!!!!

I make a custom XP with Nlite, then test it out on virtual PC 2004, and no matter what it doesn't have the drivers!

I make sure to leave all "drivers" and "hardware" in Nlite (I don't remove any of those) and I also add Bashrat's driverpacks!!!! But it doesn't work, still no drivers in "Virtual PC 2004".

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Thanks,

Craig

Also, you can not download the drivers for virtual PC 2004 - because they are built in to every Windows release, so why would anyone host them?

Maybe someone could tell us how to extract the drivers from the Windows CD?

The drivers needed are:

1. S3 Trio Video Card.

2. Intel / DEC 21140 Network Card.

3. Soundblaster 16 ISA PnP Sound Card.

4. Intel 440BX Motherboard Chipset.

Thank you,

Craig